There’s a lot to keep up with in the cryptocurrency space.
Because of that, it can be easy to miss important updates, interesting articles, and ‘dank memes’. Luckily for us, there are some great cryptocurrency newsletters that wade through the plethora of bullshit and deliver the best bits to your inbox.
In this post, I’ve pulled together the best cryptocurrency newsletters which I’m currently subscribed to:
The Best Cryptocurrency Newsletters
1. The Node
Previously known as ‘Blockchain Bites’, The Node is a newsletter that’s published every weekday.
It’s pulled together by Marc Hochstein over at CoinDesk and provides you with the latest cryptocurrency news from CoinDesk, Twitter, and anywhere else.
It manages to squeeze quite a bit of information into each newsletter. It’s a good choice if you’re keen to keep up with everything that’s happening in the cryptocurrency world on a daily basis.
CoinDesk has a few other newsletters you can subscribe to:
- Money Reimagined: Published every Friday, this looks at how value is being transformed in the digital age.
- First Mover: Published every weekday, this helps readers to make sense of the cryptocurrency markets.
- Market Wrap: Published every weekday, this is a shorter-form version of First Mover. I like it.
- Crypto Long & Short: Published every Sunday, this provides professional investors with insights, news, and analysis.
- State of Crypto: Published every Wednesday, this is a weekly look at how crypto-related regulation/policies are changing.
I particularly like what Money Reimagined is doing. It dives into a specific topic in detail, touches on what people are saying about cryptocurrency outside our little bubble, and links out to some interesting reads. Here’s an example of one issue.
- Delivered: Weekdays
- Curators: Marc Hochstein
- Example: COMP x2, Reddit Scales and Factom Goes Bankrupt
Originally known as CryptoWeekly, CoinSnacks is a weekly newsletter which curates and summarises the most important news and the best articles in the cryptocurrency world.
CoinSnacks started in December 2017 with a consistent to-the-point style. Since then, it has slowly become a more in-depth look at the latest news, trending stories, and more.
It currently claims to have more than 26,000 subscribers.
3. Marty’s Ƀent
This is a unique, but awesome, newsletter.
Rather than bombard you with tons of further reading, Marty puts together a short and sweet newsletter (<5 minutes) every weekday which discusses something Bitcoin (BTC) or cryptocurrency-related that he’s found interesting in the last 24 hours.
Marty’s been sending out his newsletter since June 2017. At the time of writing, he’s up to issue #942 and has more than 2,100 subscribers.
Marty’s Ƀent isn’t for everyone, especially as he’s just a little bit of Bitcoin (BTC) maximalist. If you’re sensitive to criticism of your favourite shitcoin, then stay away. For everyone else, be sure to subscribe to his thought-provoking and no-nonsense commentary on the world of Bitcoin (BTC) and cryptocurrency.
Side note: Marty also hosts a new podcast called ‘Tales from the Crypt’. Give that a shot too!
The Pomp Letter is a newsletter produced by Anthony Pompliano (‘Pomp’), who is an American entrepreneur and investor. He’s currently a co-founder and partner at Morgan Creek Digital, which is one of the world’s largest digital asset managers.
The newsletter is all about business, technology, finance, and Bitcoin (BTC). It includes some fantastic analysis and gives you the rundown on news that’s caught his attention. It’s been going since 2018 and now has more than 50,000 subscribers!
It’s published every weekday, but you’ll only get Monday’s issue for free. You’ll have to upgrade to a paid subscription to get every issue. This costs $10 per month, or $50 per year if you pay it all upfront.
If you do upgrade, you’ll also get access to subscriber-only ‘The Pomp Podcast’ episodes.
It’s 100% worth checking out – even if you don’t upgrade to a premium subscription.
- Delivered: Weekdays
- Curators: Anthony Pompliano
- Example: Public Pensions Are About To Make Major Mistakes…
Other Cryptocurrency Newsletters
Even though they didn’t make my top list, there are some other well-recommended newsletters that you might like:
- CoinMarketCap Newsletter (Weekdays, Free)
- Proof of Work (Weekly, Free)
- Messari’s Unqualified Opinions (Weekdays, $75/month)
- Bankless (Weekdays, Free)
- Bytes from LocalCryptos (Every Two Weeks, Free)
- Crypto Rebel (Weekly, Free)
- Unbankd (Weekdays, $19.99/month)
Discontinued Cryptocurrency Newsletters
Anything to add?
Is there another newsletter that I need to check out? Let me know in the comments.
If you liked this post, don’t forget to share it!