So you’re from the UK and want to buy bitcoin (BTC). Where do you start? In this short guide, I’ll walk you through how to easily and quickly buy bitcoin (BTC) in the UK. In less than 5 minutes, you’ll know what you’re doing.
“How can I buy bitcoin in the UK?”
The easiest and quickest way to buy bitcoin in the UK is through Coinbase with a debit or credit card.
Coinbase is a REALLY popular cryptocurrency exchange. Coinbase recently reported that they:
- Have over 20 million customers.
- Serve 32 countries – including Europe and USA.
- Store more than $20 billion worth of different cryptocurrencies.
- Traded over £150 billion in different assets.
“How do I signup to Coinbase?”
The signup process is self-explanatory and you shouldn’t have much of a problem.
Critical hints and tips:
- Signup using the (full) name and address on your passport or driving license.
- Don’t worry about sending them your ID for verification.
- They’re regulated in the US and are reputable.
- If you have any issues (or want to know more), check out this post.
- Buy with a debit card.
- If you buy with a credit card, you’ll pay a cash advance fee.
“How do I buy bitcoin on Coinbase?”
Follow these steps.
- How much you want to buy in local currency (e.g., pounds) OR
- How much you want to buy in bitcoin (BTC).
When you enter a number into one box, it will update the other.
When you're happy with the quoted price, click 'Buy Bitcoin Instantly' on the left side of the page.
- It'll ask you to confirm the purchase.
- Check the details and press 'Confirm Buy' when you're ready.
“What should I do now?”
- Enable 2-factor authentication on Coinbase.
- Find out how you can buy bitcoin CHEAPLY in the UK.
- Learn more about Bitcoin.
- Find great resources and tools.
Need help with something?
Got a question? Want help understanding something crypto-related? Or maybe you just want to chat? DM me on Twitter!