Alternatively, you can buy Filecoin (FIL) using a credit or debit card via the Crypto.com. This is quick and convenient, but more expensive. With this, you’ll pay a fixed fee of 2.99% whenever you buy a cryptocurrency using a card.
Find out more in this quick guide to buying Filecoin (FIL) in the UK.
Intro: Buy Filecoin (FIL) in the UK
So, where are the cheapest places to buy Filecoin (FIL) in the UK?
Check out this table for a quick overview.
|Provider||Payment Method||Trading Fees|
|Binance||UK Bank Transfer||Up to 0.10%|
|Kraken||UK Bank Transfer||Up to 0.26%|
|Coinbase Pro||UK Bank Transfer||Up to 0.50%|
|Gemini||UK Bank Transfer||2.00%|
|Crypto.com||Credit & Debit Card||2.99%|
Let’s dive in.
Best Places to Buy Filecoin (FIL) in the UK
1. Popular Cryptocurrency Exchanges
You can buy Filecoin (FIL) on three of the best cryptocurrency exchanges available to UK residents.
- Binance: Established mid-2017, this cryptocurrency exchange supports hundreds of cryptocurrencies and now has more than 15 million users.
- Kraken: Established in 2011, this is one of the longest-running cryptocurrency exchanges. It supports more than 50 cryptocurrencies and has at least 4 million users.
- Coinbase Pro: A familiar name in the crypto-space, Coinbase recently reported that it had more than 43 million users. Epic numbers.
In 2021, each of these exchanges also allows you to deposit GBP into your account for FREE. This has made the process of buying cryptocurrency much simpler and cheaper than it’s ever been before.
Of these three, Binance is the cheapest.
|Cryptocurrency Exchange||Maximum Trading Fees||Details|
|Binance||0.10% (Maker & Taker)||More Info|
|Kraken||0.16% (Maker) or 0.26% (Taker)||More Info|
|Coinbase Pro||0.50% (Maker & Taker)||More Info|
However, Binance is the only option here that doesn’t have a GBP trading pair for Filecoin (FIL). This isn’t a big deal, but it does add a few extra steps.
Binance currently has 11 GBP trading pairs available to UK residents:
Because Binance doesn’t have a GBP trading pair for Filecoin (FIL), you’ll need to buy one the cryptocurrencies that can be exchanged for Filecoin (FIL).
Here are your choices:
- Binance Coin (BNB)
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Binance USD (BUSD)
- Tether (USDT)
Of these options, Tether (USDT) has the Filecoin (FIL) trading pair with the highest trading volume. This will reduce the chance that there’s slippage if you place a big order.
Let’s digest this…
Here’s what the process would look like:
- If you haven’t already, create a Binance account.
- Complete verification to unlock fiat funding options.
- Deposit GBP into your Binance GBP wallet with a UK bank transfer.
- Buy Tether (USDT) using your GBP funds on the GBP/USDT market.
- Exchange the Tether (USDT) you’ve just bought for Filecoin (FIL) on the FIL/USDT market.
- Done! Stand in awe of your beautiful Filecoin (FIL) balance.
None of these places have many Filecoin (FIL) trading pairs, but Binance supports more cryptocurrencies than Kraken and Coinbase Pro combined.
|Cryptocurrency Exchange||Filecoin (FIL) Trading Pairs||Supported Cryptocurrencies|
Head over to their websites to learn more:
With the Crypto.com app, you’re able to buy, sell and store more than 90 cryptocurrencies – including Filecoin (FIL).
Unfortunately, UK residents can’t currently deposit GBP into Crypto.com with a UK bank transfer. This means you can only use a credit or debit card to buy Filecoin (FIL) using this mobile app.
But on the plus side, it’s the cheapest place where you can buy Filecoin (FIL) with a credit or debit card in the UK. You’ll get quoted the real exchange rate and charged 2.99% in fees.
And it gets better…
These fees will be waived for the first 30 days after you create an account using the Crypto.com app.
Given how much simpler and easier the Crypto.com app is to use, it seems like a no-brainer!
Thanks for checking out this guide about how to buy Filecoin (FIL) in the UK as cheaply as possible.
Check out these other popular posts: