Alternatively, you can buy Filecoin (FIL) using a credit or debit card via the Crypto.com app. This is quick and convenient, but more expensive. With this, you’ll pay a fixed fee of 2.99% whenever you buy a cryptocurrency using a card and be quoted an exchange rate that is 1% (or more) higher than the real exchange rate.
Find out more in this quick guide to buying Filecoin (FIL) in the UK.
Intro: Buy Filecoin (FIL) in the UK
So, where are the cheapest places to buy Filecoin (FIL) in the UK?
Check out this table for a quick overview.
|Provider||Payment Method||Trading Fees|
|Kraken||UK Bank Transfer||Up to 0.26%|
|Coinbase Pro||UK Bank Transfer||Up to 0.50%|
|Gemini||UK Bank Transfer||2.00%|
|Crypto.com||Credit & Debit Card||2.99%+|
Let’s dive in.
Best Places to Buy Filecoin (FIL) in the UK
1. Popular Cryptocurrency Exchanges
You can buy Filecoin (FIL) on two of the best cryptocurrency exchanges available to UK residents.
- Coinbase Pro: A familiar name in the crypto-space, Coinbase recently reported that it had more than 43 million users. Epic numbers.
- Kraken: Established in 2011, this is one of the longest-running cryptocurrency exchanges. It supports more than 50 cryptocurrencies and has at least 4 million users.
In 2021, each of these exchanges also allows you to deposit GBP into your account for FREE. This has made the process of buying cryptocurrency much simpler and cheaper than it’s ever been before.
Coinbase Pro currently has more than 30 GBP trading pairs available to UK residents:
Here’s what the process should look like:
- If you haven’t already, create a Coinbase account.
- Complete verification to unlock all account features.
- Deposit GBP into your Coinbase Pro GBP wallet with a UK bank transfer.
- Buy Filecoin (FIL) on the FIL/GBP market (max 0.5% fees)
- Done! Stand in awe of your beautiful Filecoin (FIL) balance.
Head over to their websites to learn more:
With the Crypto.com app, you’re able to buy, sell and store more than 100 cryptocurrencies – including Filecoin (FIL).
UK residents can deposit GBP into the Crypto.com app with a UK bank transfer. You can then buy Filecoin (FIL) and more than 100 cryptocurrencies with your GBP wallet balance without paying any explicit fees.
If you’d rather use a credit or debit card, then you’ll be charged 2.99% in explicit fees to buy Filecoin (FIL). These fees will be waived for the first 30 days after you create an account using the Crypto.com app, though.
Unfortunately, I’ve found that the exchange rate you’re offered within the Crypto.com app isn’t the real exchange rate. I’ve typically found that the prices it’s quoting are about 1% higher than you can find on a cryptocurrency exchange like Binance. This drastically changes how competitive using the app to buy cryptocurrencies like Filecoin (FIL) really is.
Thanks for checking out this guide about how to buy Filecoin (FIL) in the UK as cheaply as possible.
Check out these other popular posts: