Where’s the best place to buy Tether (USDT) in the UK?
If you’re looking to buy USDT with GBP, then there are fewer places that you can get it than you might expect. (Especially considering that Tether was the first stablecoin to exist).
In this short guide, I’ll go through the best places that you buy USDT in the UK.
Short Version: Buy USDT in the UK
Here are the cheapest places that you can buy Tether (USDT) in the UK with GBP.
|Provider||Payment Method||Fees (Approx)|
|Binance||UK Bank Transfer||< 1%|
|Kraken||UK Bank Transfer||< 1%|
|Crypto.com||Credit & Debit Card||2.99%|
|BC Bitcoin||UK Bank Transfer||3% (Exclusive Discount)|
|Cryptomate||UK Bank Transfer||Variable|
Binance is currently the best place to buy Tether (USDT) in the UK with GBP. It’s best to use a UK bank transfer (FREE to deposit), but you can also use a debit or credit card to buy USDT on it (1.8% fees). In addition to Tether (USDT), Binance allows you to buy, sell, and store 250+ other cryptocurrencies too.
Kraken is another good choice. It’s a well-established cryptocurrency exchange that supports GBP deposits via UK bank transfers and has low trading fees (max 0.26%).
Finally, there’s the Crypto.com app. This allows you to buy Tether (USDT) and 90+ cryptocurrencies with a credit or debit card (2.99% fees). This is a convenient option, but it’s not cheap.
Read on for more detail about these two best ways to buy Tether (USDT) in the UK.
Long Version: Best Places to Buy Tether in the UK
1. Binance [Best Cryptocurrency Exchange]
In 2021, Binance is the best place in the UK where you can buy Tether (USDT) with GBP.
I’ve also recently ranked it as the best cryptocurrency exchange in the UK.
- It supports more than 250 cryptocurrencies (including privacy coins like Monero (XMR) and Zcash (ZEC)).
- It has significantly higher trading volume than any other cryptocurrency exchange.
- You can deposit GBP into it for FREE with a UK bank transfer (via Faster Payments).
- It charges maximum fees of just 0.1%.
(Hint: Click any image to expand it.)
It’s best to follow along with this process on a desktop computer, as you cannot currently deposit GBP using a bank transfer on the mobile app.
- Create an account on Binance.
- Before you can deposit GBP, you’ll need to verify your account. This means you’ll need to submit your ID and take a selfie. This will take a few hours to be processed.
- On the Binance homepage, click “Buy Crypto (GBP)” in the navigation and select “Bank Transfer”.
- Select “Faster Payments” in the left-hand box.
- Type-in how much GBP you’re going to deposit in the right-hand box.
- Press “Continue” when you’re happy.
- The right-hand box will change to show the bank account where you need to send the GBP.
- It’s critical that:
- You send from an account in YOUR NAME.
- The beneficiary name is entered correctly.
- You include your reference number.
- You’ll receive an email once your money has been credited into Binance. Your first deposit will take a little longer. But after this, your GBP should be credited into Binance within 10-15 minutes.
(Hint: Click any image to expand it.)
- Select “Markets” in the navigation bar on the Binance website.
- In the highlighted search bar, type in “GBP”. This will show you all of the GBP trading pairs on Binance (i.e. what cryptocurrencies you can directly buy with GBP).
- Find GBP/USDT and click “Trade”.
- Scroll down and find the highlighted area.
- Select the “Market” tab and then insert how much GBP you’d like to sell on the right side.
- Done! You should see your USDT balance increase on the left side.
The only downsides?
Verification is a little awkward (e.g. denied on my first attempt) and can take a few hours to be processed.
And like on other cryptocurrency exchanges, your first GBP deposit will take longer to be processed – but thereafter, it doesn’t take more than 15 minutes.Learn More
#2. Kraken [Popular Cryptocurrency Exchange]
Kraken has been on the crypto-scene since 2011, making it nearly a decade old. In the UK, it’s a good choice if you’re looking to buy USDT or a number of other cryptocurrencies.
Once you’ve registered and got all the ID verification out of the way, you can just deposit GBP using a simple bank transfer and then buy Tether (USDT) at the real exchange rate with barely any fees (max 0.26%). You’ll get charged lowers fees depending on how much you’re trading (find out more here).
As already mentioned, Kraken is a great choice – and not just for buying Tether (USDT).
Head over to their website to learn more and/or signup.Learn More
3. Crypto.com [Quick & Easy]
Crypto.com is an awesome app which allows you to buy Tether (USDT) and 90+ coins with a credit or debit card.
With this mobile app, you can buy Tether (USDT) at the real exchange rate and transparent fees. If you’re a UK resident, you’ll usually pay 2.99% if you use a credit or debit card to buy any cryptocurrency using the Crypto.com app.
New Crypto.com app users won’t pay any fees when buying cryptocurrencies with a credit or debit card for the first 30 days.
Find out more here.
Crypto.com did previously allow UK residents to deposit GBP with a UK bank transfer, but this functionality has been temporarily disabled.
You can download the app, register, and sort out identity verification in less than 10 minutes.
Check out my Crypto.com review to learn more.Download Crypto.com App
Thanks For Reading
Thanks for checking out this quick guide on how to buy Tether (USDT) in the UK.
If you liked this guide, consider checking out some of my other popular posts: