When I’m not using my Windows PC (about 14+ hours of the day), I mine cryptocurrencies with my single GTX 1070. This guide is mainly intended for anyone in the same boat who is interested in setting up the Vertcoin (VTC) one-click miner (OCM) and giving it a try with their NVIDIA graphics card.
Please note: At the time of writing, the one-click miner (OCM) is not optimized for AMD graphics cards. This guide is aimed exclusively at those with NVIDIA graphics cards.
“Why are you recommending EasyMine?”
As of 15th December 2017, smaller miners are reporting issues with no shares when mining with P2Pool. I’ve put this alternative guide together to get you started with the EasyMine pool instead. Not only is it easier to setup compared to P2Pool, but it has continued to produce consistent (and decent) payouts for single GPU miners like me.
If you’d prefer to use P2Pool, please return to my previous Vertcoin mining guide.
Things you’ll need
Before you proceed, you’ll need:
- A Vertcoin wallet address.
- A PC or mining rig with at least one graphics card (GPU).
- To know what graphics card(s) you have installed.
- If you don’t know what graphics card you have installed, follow these instructions.
- To know your graphics card(s) hash rate in MH/s.
- If you don’t know your hash rate in MH/s, check out this page. Select your graphics card then scroll to the bottom and find “Lyra2REv2”. That’s your approximate hash rate in MH/s.
- About 15-30 minutes to setup and test the Vertcoin one-click miner (OCM).
How much Vertcoin will I earn?
In other words, how profitable is it to mine Vertcoin? To find out this, plug your details into this. You’ll need your:
- Hash rate in KH/s. Calculate this by multiplying your hash rate in MH/s by 1000.
- e.g., if your hash rate in MH/s is 30, your hash rate in KH/s would be 30,000
- Power consumption (in watts).
- Electricity cost (in $) per kWh.
- This should be on your energy bill somewhere.
- On a standard tariff in the UK, my electricity costs $0.19/kWh.
- Pool fees.
- EasyMine charges no fees.
Your results will look something like this:
This shows your estimated VTC rewards (labelled ‘Est. Rewards’) and your Profit (in $). As long as your profit isn’t negative, it’s financially viable to mine Vertcoin.
Setting up Vertcoin’s one-click miner (OCM)
- Run ‘VertcoinOneClickMinerSetup.msi’ and install it.
- Once installed, launch the new shortcut called ‘Vertcoin One-Click Miner’ from your desktop. It looks like this:
Once it loads, select: ‘File’ > ‘Update’ from the top bar. Accept and install all updates.
From the highlighted drop-down box, select ‘NVIDIA-ccminer’.
- lyra2.easymine.online:5000 to ‘Pool Address’
- Your Vertcoin wallet address to ‘Wallet Address’,
- x in the ‘Password’ field.
Once you’ve done this, click ‘Add Pool’.
- Select ‘Settings’ and enable ‘Show CLI’. This shows us what the miner is doing.
- Leave the other settings alone for now.
- Once you’ve done this, close the Settings window.
Enable ‘Select All Pools’. Then click ‘Start’.
- Go to vertcoin.easymine.online in your browser.
- This site helps you can find out more about the EasyMine pool and the performance of your miner.
- Scroll down to ‘Miners’ and insert your wallet address into the search field.
- Some quick information about your worker should pop up.
Initially, this information will be inaccurate – so don’t worry if your estimated rewards look low. After about 12 hours, this information will be more accurate.
If you want to:
- See more information about your miner (and its performance)
- Modify the payout threshold (default is 0.5 VTC) & pool donation (default is 0%)
Then just click on your address. It’ll take you into the advanced settings.
- Check out the other guides listed in the ‘Additional Information’ section below.
- Go to the Vertcoin Mining subreddit (search previous posts before submitting a new post)
- Ask for help in Vertcoin’s Discord channel.
Anything to add?
Did I miss something? Or did I make a mistake? Let me know in the comments below or tweet me.
One-click miner (OCM) and EasyMine guides
One-click miner (OCM) and P2Pool guides
- AlwaysHashing one-click miner (OCM) and P2Pool node setup guide (link).
- Alternative version (link).
- YouTube one-click miner (OCM) 2-minute setup guide (link).
- Guide by /u/Tigrsh (link).
- VTCBenchmarks one-click miner (OCM) and P2Pool setup guide (link).
- P2Pool node setup guide (link).
- Vertcoin Subreddit
- Vertcoin Mining Subreddit
- Vertcoin Discord
- Vertcoin Services List (Communities, Pools, Block Explorers, etc.,)
- Tickly on Vertcoin’s Discord suggested I clarify that the one-click miner (OCM) is not optimized for AMD graphics cards yet. I’ve now made this clear.
- Deluxe and Jin on Vertcoin’s Discord noted that Electrum-VTC isn’t suited for pointing your miner towards and that you should use Vertcoin Core instead. I’ve amended the guide to state this.